बिमानस्थल सुरक्षा कार्यालय
Tribhuvan International Airport is the only international Airport of Nepal. The main responsibilities of the police in the international airport is to provide security and to prevent illegal activities like carrying of any unauthorized goods such as narcotic drugs, weapons etc. The total number of police currently working is 307.
The first plane landed in 2008 BS in this airport however the first plane landed in Simara in 2002 BS. A plane was hijacked in 2030 BS, the flight headed from Biratnagar to Kathmandu. Since then, Nepal police has undertaken the responsibilities to provide security in Tribhuvan international airport. In 1951 AD domestic flight from Kathmandu to Bhairahawa, Pokhara, Simara and Biratnagar was started.
Tribhuvan International Airport occupies 3020 hectors area of the land. The Gothatar of Kageshwori Manohara Municipality lies in the eastern part of the airport, ring road at the western part, Bagmati river at the northern part and Koteshowr-Jadibuti at the southern part of the airport. At the range of airport there is internal terminal cargo complex and Radar fire brigade. There are also 2 entrance gates in the south and 3 in east to enter at air side.
The main task of Tribhuvan International Airport Security Guard is to provide security in the airport in coordination with PHQ Crime Investigation Department, Narcotic Drugs Control and Law Enforcement Unit, Nepal Army and Armed Police Force. It also prevents criminal activities like Bomb Threat, Hijacking, Sabotage etc.
|Organizational Chart of Tribhuvan International Airport Security Guard|
Manpower of International Airport Security Guard
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prevent possible criminal activities in the Tribhuvan International Airport area.
2. Deploy patrol teams to internal and external terminal buildings of Tribhuvan International Airport.
3. Prevent criminal activities like Bomb threat, Hijacking, Sabotage etc.
4. Establish Special Response Team to coordinate with Armed International Unit, Hostage Negotiation Unit, Explosive Detection and Disposal Unit etc.
5. Provide security for different equipment used within the area of responsibility.
6. In case of any emergency situation, manage the Special Task Force to takeover the responsibilities.
Tribhuvan International Airport Security Guard will continue to provide security for airport with efficiency and without error in coordination with PHQ Crime Investigation Department, Narcotic Drugs Control and Law Enforcement Unit, Nepal Army and Armed Police Force. It will employ more advance security related appliances for prevention of criminal activities like Bomb threat, Hijacking, Sabotage etc.