Bhaktapur is the smallest district of Nepal. The total area of this district is 119 Sq.Km. The neighboring district of Bhaktapur is Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Kavre District. Bhaktapur is rich in cultural heritage and historical monuments. Durbar Square and Changunarayan temple of this district are listed in World Heritage and is one of the best places of Nepal for tourism. Nagarkot is one of famous places of Bhaktapur for its natural beauty and early sunrise view.
Law enforcement, crime control and investigation of crimes for peace and security and be engaged in the noble service of all people with full protection of human rights.
Employment of human and physical appliances for prevention and investigation of crime to make Kathmandu the safest city in the world.
Respect human rights.
Discipline and novelty
Effective and qualitative service
Accountable and productive
Manpower in District Police Range, Bhaktapur
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine vulnerable places with the help of plain clothed police.
- Control and investigate crime.
- Carry-out surprise checks to discourage criminals.
- Conduct police door-to-door program for effective community support in the prevention of crimes.
- Deploy SOCO along with police personnel for collection of physical evidence at the crime scene..
- Co-ordinate with other government and non-government agencies.
- Co-ordinate with political parties and organizations within the area of responsibility.
- Provide security during V/VIP movements.
- Maintain record of crime and criminal activities in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain record of foreigners staying in the area of responsibility.
- Work under the command of Metropolitan Police Commissioner's
- Office and perform other tasks as required.
- Organize awareness programs in order to prevent crime and criminal activities for maintaining peace and security within the area of responsibility.
- Organize Police door-to-door programs in order to build up co-operation with the local society.
- Organize traffic awareness programs in order to reduce traffic accidents.
- Co-ordinate with political parties, agencies and other government and non-government organizations for monitoring the police service.
- Organize awareness program against women trafficking and child labor.
- Train police personnel in various related fields to increase their service efficiency.
- upgrade temporary police posts at Dudhpati and Sanothimi to Metropolitan Police Sector of "Ka" grade.