Metropolitan Security Police Battalion Singhdurbar is situated in Singhdurbar. It was established in 2055 B.S.
The main aim of the establishment of this battalion is to secure the sensitive vital installation like the office of Prime Minister and Council of Minister, Radio Nepal, Nepal Television and other offices inside it. The battalion is commited in providing security inside Singhdurbar.
Duties and Responsibility
- To provide security to the parliament, ministries, vital installation(Radio Nepal and Nepal Television) and other offices inside the Singhdurbar in co-ordination with Nepal Army and Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Prevent unauthorized movements inside the perimeter of the Singhdurbar.
- To manage the general public's entry in Singhdurbar.
- To inspect people (including government employees) vehicles and goods at the entry point of Singhdurbar by hand held metal detectors, Walk-through gate and vehicle checking mirror.
- To inspect the activities of people through the use of CCTV and report the important activities inside the Singhdurbar in order to make effective security system.
- To provide security during V/VIP movements and local people.
- Monitor and maintain internal security through the use of hand held metal detector, walk-through gate, vehicle tracking mirror and CCTV for security purpose.