Police Range, Kathmandu
Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. It is named as Kathmandu after the name of the temple “Kastamandap” made by Lichhhivi king Gunakama Dev. Bhaktapur and Kavre district lies at the eastern part, Dhading and Nuwakot at the western part, Nuwakot and Sindhupalchowk at the northern part, Lalitpur and Makawanpur at the southern part of Kathmandu. The temperature of this district ranges from maximum of 36.4°Celsius to minimum of -2°Celsius and average rainfall in the district is recorded at 1764.4 milliliters. This district covers an area of 39500 hectares.
Law enforcement, crime control and investigation of crimes for peace and security and be engaged in the noble service of all people with full protection of human rights.
Employment of human and physical appliances for prevention and investigation of crimes to make Kathmandu the safest city in the world.
- Respect human rights.
- Discipline and novelty
- Effective and qualitative service
- Accountable and productive
Man Power in District Police Range, Kathmandu
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for crime prevention and investigation.
- Deploy police personnel for search and rescue of people during situation of natural disaster.
- Monitor and direct police units under the command.
- Supervise the activities of police personnel and initiate actions over the police staff who acts against the rules and regulations of Nepal Police.
- Encourage best performing police personnel with rewards.
- Handle grievances and motivate police personnel.
- Co-ordinate with other government offices and private agencies.
- Co-ordinate with political parties and organizations within the area of responsibility.
- Provide security during V/VIP movements.
- Maintain record of crime and criminal activities in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain record of foreigners staying in the area of responsibility.
- Work under the command of Kathmandu Valley Police Office and perform other tasks as required.
- Increase the number of CRV deployed in Kathmandu valley.
- Increase the efficiency of security service in Kathmandu.
- Aware civil society against cyber crime and to train manpower for the investigation of cyber crimes.
- Employing advanced security appliances like CCTV in vulnerable and prominent places.
- Increase the number of security personnel for effective police response.
- Establish computer network among units and branches for prompt and reliable communication.